Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Is fundraising Biblical?

As a Bible believing follower of Christ I need to now if asking other people to donate toward a mission or a church plant in the name of Jesus is ok according to scripture.  Consider this:

Philippians 4:16-18 (New International Version)

16for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid again and again when I was in need. 17Not that I am looking for a gift, but I am looking for what may be credited to your account. 18I have received full payment and even more; I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God.

Tell me what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Seems pretty straight-forward. I think Paul also advocates bi-vocational work too, wouldn't you think? Nevertheless, giving to missions is not only vital, but definitely Biblical.

    ReplyDelete